This is a nonprofit organization that helps people 50 and over improve the quality of their lives.
Toll-free Nationwide: 1-888-687-2277
Toll-free TTY: 1-877-434-7598
Toll-free Spanish: 1-877-627-3350
New Mexico State Office, AARP: 1-866-389-5636
New Mexico Direct Caregivers Coalition
10 Placitas Trails Rd.
Placitas, NM 87043
Non Metro – Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
The Non-Metro Area Agency on Aging provides funding to Senior Programs in every New Mexico County except Bernalillo (which is served by the Albuquerque AAA). Persons 60 years of age or their spouse regardless of age qualify for these services without any income requirement. The services provided can include meals at senior centers, home delivered meals, transportation and homemaker services.
Albuquerque and Bernalillo County – Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
The Area Agency on Aging is responsible for implementing and providing a comprehensive array of services, all designated to the highest quality of life for our seniors in the least restrictive living environment.
Aging and Long Term Services Department – Aging and Disability Resources Center
The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) offers comprehensive information and assistance:
- Information and Referral Assistance
- Benefits Counseling
- Medicaid home and community based services
- Respite Care (adult day care, in-home care)
- Attendant and/or Personal Care
- Homemaker services
- Home-delivered meals
- Nutrition Counseling
- Prescription Drug Assistance
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Transition Care program helps residents transition from long-term care facilities back into a community setting
- Adult Protective Services
- Long-Term Options Counseling
- Legal information and assistance
Aging and Long Term Services Department
Aging and Disability Resources Center
Adult Protective Services Statewide