Mental & Behavioral Health
NM Developmental Disabilities Planning Council (DDPC)
The NM DDPC operates a program that provides Guardianship for individuals with developmental and behavioral disabilities and their families.
National Alliance on Mental Illness of NM (NAMI)
NAMI of New Mexico offers numerous programs to assist those that are affected by mental illness. The programs provided include: Family to Family – In Our Voice, Living with Mental Illness and Treatment Guardian.
Adelante is a nonprofit agency that provides individualized support services for over 1000 New Mexicans with mental, physical, and developmental disabilities, as well as disabled veterans and the elderly. It provides such programs as assistive technology, residential services, day programs, supported employment and training.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Its mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities. It makes substance use and mental disorder information, services, and research more accessible.
Aging and Long Term Services Department – Aging and Disability Resources Center
The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) offers comprehensive information and assistance:
- Information and Referral Assistance
- Benefits Counseling
- Medicaid home and community based services
- Respite Care (adult day care, in-home care)
- Attendant and/or Personal Care
- Homemaker services
- Home-delivered meals
- Nutrition Counseling
- Prescription Drug Assistance
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Transition Care program helps residents transition from long-term care facilities back into a community setting
- Adult Protective Services
- Long-Term Options Counseling
- Legal information and assistance
Aging and Long Term Services Department
Aging and Disability Resources Center
Adult Protective Services Statewide